Monday, July 20, 2009

Working With Legends: BLUE MAGIC!



In June of 1973, a group was formed which became a world wide attraction to the ears of many all over the world.That group was Blue Magic.They had reached Gold Status in a time that the industry was still ripe but needed more work to accomplish million status sales which they did with their hit single "Sideshow".Leading up to making eight albums to date.In 1975 they went on their first world tour.Forty-eight states in the United States,five countries in Europe,ten days in the Philippines & concluded with a 14 days engagement in the Virgin Islands.In 1975 Blue Magic was chosen as best new group of the year which earned them an Ebony award.As I was filming them & directing this brief documentary that we recently did I was just amazed at how I use to listen to their music & now I was working with them.Chills road up & down my body as I was filming this moment & working with these pioneers in the industry allowing me to direct this project & film it at the same time.It was an honor to be working with them & also increasing my level of knowledge.Now we're working on the final touches of the project to begin airing it on TV.So look out for this new documentary/performance type show.

No comments:

Post a Comment